Pacific Northwest Software Manager
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000270718
Date Posted: 2021-10-11-07:00
Location: USA - Kent, WA, USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing is currently seeking a Pacific Northwest Software Manager to join their team in Kent and Tukwila, WA.
This position will support the Boeing Space & Launch (S&L) Software Development and Integration Capability, within the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
A successful candidate will lead a diverse technical team providing software design, development, and sustainment, for both embedded software and ground/mission application software.
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering, both embedded/real-time and mission applications
- Develops and executes project and process plans across multiple program areas
- Implements policies and procedures, and sets operational goals
- Performs staffing function for software engineering discipline across a diverse program portfolio
- Manages a group of roughly 25 direct reports
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, program partners, and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Inspires continuous improvement, safety, and quality in engineering
- Drives change, efficiency, innovative process improvement, and exploration of new technologies Champions Agile software development
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years' experience leading software implementation/support projects
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading/working on Agile teams
- Experience leading a team of software engineers using agile development process
- Experience integrating large scale software systems a plus
- Experience in embedded/real-time operating systems a plus.
- Experience working with system/subsystem engineers a plus
- Experience working with external software suppliers a plus
Relocation:This position offers relocation
Referral Bonus:Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Additional Information:All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
3ERPBoeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level: Manager - K
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: 6J7AMK (6D3)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud
- Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation
- Requesting Interview Accommodations
- Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster
- EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO
- Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment
- Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)