Electronic Assembly - 2nd shift
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Job Description:At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
The HPE Chippewa Falls Manufacturing Operations Team builds servers, racked solutions, and integrated solutions. In general, we utilize contingent headcount in several areas including: inventory control, server assembly, server test, server pack, rack assembly, rack test, rack pack, system integration, test, and shipment. The Chippewa Falls MFG Facility currently has 2 shift, working 5x8, Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required, typically 5:00 AM to 3:30 PM or 3:30PM to 2:00AM, but other hours/days may be required. HPE Chippewa Falls Mfg. Operations is putting quality first for our customers, successful candidates will have a similar 'Quality First!' mind-set. HPE Chippewa Falls is a configure-to-order facility, allowing an array of challenges and learning possibilities for those with a positive and flexible attitude.
Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in product area(s) to meet production, quality, cost and predictability goals for production sites. Responsible for performing varied and general tasks involved in the manufacturing process. These tasks may include, but are not limited to at the non-exempt level, basic manufacturing assembly; installation or processing of components, subsystems or systems; operation of basic hand tools and assigned production or manufacturing machinery; compiling data for reports; work may be internal and possibly external to the company. At the exempt level, may be responsible for customer design and software utilization.
- Performs varied and general tasks of a transactional nature involving the manufacturing process while using independent judgment.
- Follows detailed documentation and instructions to execute a variety of process-oriented tasks such as testing, inspecting or advanced rack building.
- Identifies simple to complex areas for process improvement and seeks limited guidance for resolution.
- Supports the training of new employees.
- Operates multiple machines and simultaneously supports quality assurance.
- Controls and uses machinery and tools; chooses correct processes and programs to run, such as pulling queries and executing appropriate assignments. Assists with products well into maturity life-cycle.
- Responsible for auditing materials and builds for quality assurance.
- Coordinates tasks within a team.
- Understands and executes to customer expectations, e.g., Customer to Order (CTO) expectations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Very strong mathematics and reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrated physical capability (e.g., manual dexterity).
- Excellent understanding of how to navigate tools and procedures.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong teamwork and coordination skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Strong technical knowledge specific to business function and segment.
- Basic computersoftware skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Job: Supply Chain & Operations
Job Level: Core
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.