Specialized Account Engineer (Installation/Implementation and Breakfix services) (Milwaukee, WI area)
Job Description:Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE Pointnext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
This position is for technician engineers who excel in working directly with customers and enjoy making things right. As the face of HPE to our customers, this position lets you solve problems, execute technical processes, learn and grow thru the consultative ranks as you desire. Position requires hands on technical services for hardware, firmware and customer solutions, and directly supporting customer needs.
Within the family there is a range of technical and managerial customer on-site functions. The family of jobs is focused on managing the onsite delivering of software services, pre-sales, post-sales or service delivery support, installation and configuration for customer environments. The jobs solve various business systems, networking and applications problems for standard industry servers, specialized or complex clustered environments. Deliver reactive and proactive activities according to Service Level Agreement to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Provides direct post-sales systems on site technical support for reactive and proactive customers. Each position maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring clear business and technical solution alignment, clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Jobs are responsible for company Total Customer Experience as well as the revenue growth, profitability, and account retention.
In a typical day as a Specialized Account Engineer, you would:
- Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
- Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents.
- Identify potential escalations and alert management proactively.
- Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
- Apply company solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Balance internal needs with customer needs within defined parameters.
- May identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
- May provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
- Build strong relationship with management in assigned accounts.
- Influence delivery decisions on assigned account plans.
- Drive Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Manage small projects/programs in the team.
If you are...
- Holding a Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 4-6 years working experience in related fields desired.
- Broad knowledge of company products and services offerings.
- Basic knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies.
- Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Well versed in core technical competencies (OS, networking, core company applications).
- Communicate effectively and tactfully to technical level, first- and middle-level management within an organization.
- Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level.
- Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative).
- Able to identify alternative actions, sets appropriate priorities and identifies creative and practical solutions.
- Technical background or significant technical understanding to communicate with customers and technicians for problem determination and solution implementation.
- Basic project management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Able to suggest operational efficiencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens.
- Based on customer/area, may require security clearance, investigations, customer background checks or other types of site access criteria. Must possess or be highly eligible for background processing.
- Role may be a full time customer onsite (resident), or may be a dispatched role supporting multiple sites.
- Dispatched staff qualify for mileage and may be eligible for a fleet vehicle.
- This is role to work providing physical, hands on services at customer site/s with no remote/teleworker option.
- Recommended skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Clear technical communication skills to explain to customer any steps for action plans, collect data and communicate case status.
- Ability to work with HPE program and account team members
- Assist customer with FW patching, script maintenance and creation as needed
- Serves as HPE POC for onsite issues, provides conduit to Account Support Manager and greater HPE Service ecosphere
- Basic FW updating, Unix, Linux or Scripting experience
- Be the technical face to the customer for HPE and the account teams – raising concerns promptly and to meet customer needs.
- Follow processes for escalation and elevation and provide on-site escalation support as directed
- Work with HPE Customer Support Center to drive open cases to closure
- Handle parts ordering as needed for customer resolution, returns, and associated case closure.
Strong General hardware support experience with desire to learn new technologies and build soft skills
Join us and make your mark!We offer:
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Job Level: Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.