Role/Department Description:Content Management Tools is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our team to help guide and develop our teams in Manila.
Content Management Tools sits in the Content Infrastructure and Digital Transformation group and is in a pivotal position within Content Engineering not only to build the next generation of infrastructure but also shape the way our department operates through our DevOps and Digital Transformations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is eager to work with a range of talented Engineers, meeting with them on a regular basis to understand the challenges they are facing and help guide their professional journey. You will also be contributing to the overall health of the wider CMT team by working closely with other team members in London and contributing to the Content departments goals.
A successful candidate will be helping our engineers who work together as sprint teams, develop pre-dominantly Cloud (AWS) based projects as we break our applications down into micro-services and migrate existing on-prem applications to the Cloud. Alongside this we are building out new functionality to help with the evolution of the Content integration pipeline from source to client.
Over time you will be expected to understand the business reasons behind the projects we work on and contribute towards the high level operational plans for the team, both from a prioritization perspective but also technically understanding the problems we are trying to solve and guiding the development strategy.
- Manage a team of 5+ engineers
- Contribute new features, fixes, and refactors to the Publisher Service
- Perform code reviews and coach engineers with respect to best practices
- Think and communicate critically about architecture, design, and best practices
- Collaborate with other engineers and Product Developers in a Scrum Agile environment using Jira and Confluence
- Estimate task sizes and regularly communicate progress in daily standups and biweekly Scrum meetings
- Coordinate with other teams across offices and departments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Experience with .Net, C# and cloud technologies
- Experience building and deploying production level services
- 5+ years managing one or more engineering teams