Job DescriptionRolls-Royce Electrical (RRE) is responsible for developing world class electrical technologies and products, as well as the associated integrated power generation and propulsion turnkey systems. RRE is rapidly extending the company's capability in the electrical domain and will play an increasingly important role in all our businesses as we move forward towards our Net Zero goal.
As lead engineer for software development you will guide a cross-national sub-team of software engineers and testers towards the certification of our control’s platform. Your role will involve working on novel engineering concepts and developing strategies for introducing new technologies and products to augment Rolls-Royce’s existing portfolio.
This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for an individual with relevant qualifications, and forms part of the exciting and rapid expansion of the company-wide electrical engineering activities. At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
- You will contribute to the definition of overall software development process for RRE
- You are responsible for the specification of software development processes for relevant projects based on the RRE development process
- You will create software plans (PSAC, SDP, SCMP, SVP, SQAP) and software standards (Requirements, Design, Coding, Modelling) for projects according to the relevant certification guidelines
- You will contribute and be accountable for the software architecture in the project
- You will contribute to the definition of the software tool chain for the project and be responsible for its maintenance
- You will contribute to the definition of the software verification environment and be accountable for it project duration
- You will contribute to and be responsible for the software development reviews and LOI reviews
- You will contribute to the validation of system/equipment requirements as well as the creation and validation of high-level software requirements
- You will contribute to system/equipment level discussions on requirements and architecture
- You are responsible for planning all software-related project activities (resources, time line, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
- You successfully completed your academic degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or a related discipline
- You have several years experience in software development in the aerospace sector
- You are experienced in the certification of software development projects based on DO-178C up to Design Assurance Level A (DAL A)
- Additionally, you have deep understanding of DO-178C and its supplements (DO-330 to DO-333
- You have solid knowledge in system and software architecture, software development and software verification
- Ideally you have a good understanding of control of electrical drives and power electronics
- You stand out for your technical leadership skills in the software area
- You are a goal-oriented, structured, independent and enduring worker who is used to demonstrate attitude, high initiative, creativity and dependability
- You are proficient in English and German languages
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond TomorrowWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategyhere
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.