Job DescriptionRolls-Royce Electrical (RRE) is responsible for developing world class electrical technologies and products, as well as the associated integrated power generation and propulsion turnkey systems. RRE is rapidly extending the company's capability in the electrical domain and will play an increasingly important role in all our businesses as we move forward towards our Net Zero goal.
As lead engineer for embedded control projects you will guide an interdisciplinary and cross-national group of engineers towards the certification of our products from the control’s platform perspective. Your role will involve working on novel engineering concepts and developing strategies for introducing new technologies and products to augment Rolls-Royce’s existing portfolio.
This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for an individual with relevant qualifications, and forms part of the exciting and rapid expansion of the company-wide electrical engineering activities. At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
- You will autonomously lead and be main point of contact for the development of airworthy/certified electronic controllers
- Through your knowledge of power electronics control and modulations schemes you will be the overall rresponsible for and support the development of controller design and verification
- With your deep understanding of safety principles, you will support all safety related activities, including but not limited to Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) and System Safety Assessment (SSA)
- You will work in close cooperation with the power electronics and motor design teams as well as with higher-level controller communication in order to drive a seamless and complete systems integration
- You will support all series development and standardisation processes from design point of view
- You will contribute and motivate building up the necessary structures and processes needed to achieve certification
- You successfully completed your academic degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or a related discipline
- You have several years of experience in controller development in the aerospace sector
- You are experienced in airworthiness processes and standards ARP4754, DO-178C, DO-254 up to Design Assurance Level A (DAL A)
- You bring experience in requirement and configuration management using tools such as DOORS and/or Polarion
- You have deep understanding of control systems modelling and simulation using Matlab, plus bus communication systems such as AFDX, CAN, Ethernet
- Ideally you have a good understanding of control of electrical drives and power electronics
- You stand out for your technical leadership skills
- You are a goal-oriented, structured, independent and enduring worker who is used to demonstrate attitude, high initiative, creativity and dependability
- You are proficient in English and German languages
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond TomorrowWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategyhere
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.