Commercial Officer – US Government ContractsBristol (Filton)
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Commercial Officer to support Government Programs within our US based Defence business. In this this role you will report to the Commercial Executive, Government Business.
You would be part of the Commercial Team providing professional Commercial / Contracting support to Programs and Services, ensuring that business agreements are taken, executed and implemented in line with the business requirements and financial returns, while mitigating risk appropriately at each stage to ensure compliance with Company policy, processes and legal requirements.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Develop and manage Commercial/Contracting relationships, internally and with external customers, partners and suppliers as required.
- Create, develop and ensure compliance with contracts, policies, procedures, guidelines and contracting infrastructures that meet Corporate governance and Commercial Functional requirements; develop and implement Commercial best practice within their Sector/Business.
- Produce or provide input to innovative proposals to secure profitable and/or strategic business for the Company; manage or support as appropriate the pricing/business evaluation process and inputs to support proposals and quotations to the Customer
- Deliver and support continuous Corporate and Functional improvement initiatives as required.
- Identify potential risks and liabilities inherent in tenders and contracts, propose and negotiate amendments to minimize or mitigate same, using judgment in balancing commercial/legal considerations against the requirements of the business, to secure contracts in conformity with Commercial policies and procedures.
- Instruct and (where appropriate) administer new and existing business agreements and negotiate resolution of claims, disputes and litigation in order to minimize cost and risk to the Company.
- Pursue all opportunities to maximize orders, profit and cash for the Company.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- A degree or equivalent or suitable experience in Commercial, Contracting and a demonstrated commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
- Proven good interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting personal objectives and working within demanding timescales
- Proven good interpersonal and organization skills
- Experience managing US Government contracts and working within the US contracting governance frameworks (FARS/DFARS) would be preferred
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer optimum performance. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond tomorrowWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here. So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.