At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe / Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation.
What we offerThe role is based in the People Partnering Hub in (Lisbon, Portugal)
The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
In this role you will act as first point of contact for employees and take ownership of managing each HR related query to conclusion in order to deliver a positive employee experience.
Key responsibilitiesYou will join the People Advisory team early on as we prepare to go live with the new HR service delivery model, processes and technology. In this time, you will be spending your time on implementation related activities such as administrative support, technology and process testing, language translation verification, creating local SOP’s, training logistics, etc. Once the People Hub is fully operational, your role as a People Advisor will be to solve the HR-related queries of our employees and managers and make sure their interaction with HR results in a great experience.
For this you will:
- Solve employee queries online or on the phone
- Collaborate with HR community to provide general HR support to employees around the employee life cycle
- Manage case resolutions (opening, updating, escalating as needed, resolving and closing)
- Ensure adherence to HR procedures, practices, directives, systems and regulations within an assigned set of countries • Support employees and leaders with tasks more administrative and executional in nature, i.e. onboarding, PPM, job moves, exit, benefits administration, etc.
- Execute training and communication activities to support employees in the use of the HR system and processes
- Support training and change management activities
- Support on administrative tasks related to deployment of projects
- Responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of the HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, How-To, etc. up to date and to guide the rest of HR to update content
- Review and act on the feedback/comments from employees and HR users to improve the employee experience
- Guide employees and leaders in using self-service in Workday and other HR systems
- Manage HR data quality and perform transactions in Workday and other HR systems
- Prepare and handle HR documentation
- Coordinate and administer onboarding and offboarding processes
- Execute required uploads/changes on the performance forms in the system
Who we are looking for
You are customer-oriented and passionate about employee experience! You have high energy and drive and efficiently manage resolution of every employee query.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- One-two years’ experience in an HR role; you could also have several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role and an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- A degree in Human Resources or similar and knowledge of HR concepts are a strong plus
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial (The Netherlands and UK)
- Experience working with HR systems, preferably Workday, would be an asset.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to manage conflict, and attention to detail
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Closure orientation and low tolerance for delays and deviations
- Fluent in English plus another regional language (list here e.g. Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, French, German speakers are also encouraged to apply, as we are looking to grow the hub in the coming year)
You have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to establish a world-class People Advisory function at Maersk, we look forward to hearing from you!