At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
The HR organization of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe and Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organization (PPO).
In this role, you will support the regional payroll organization, working with a matrix group of stakeholders and vendors to ensure great employee experience and regulatory compliance from a payroll, time & attendance delivery perspective.
Key responsibilitiesAs we prepare to go live with a new service delivery model and related technology and processes, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Analyze local legal, fiscal, and regulatory requirements and asses the need for process localizations for the assigned countries within Maersk Eastern Europe Area.
- Drive the end-to-end process review and uncover gaps between current and future model. Design local/regional solutions to manage these in the new model and support the creation of local action plans to implement the solutions
- Perform over/under payment and manage advance payments
- Manage pre-payroll, on-cycle payroll, off-cycle payroll processes for the assigned countries within Maersk Eastern Europe Area.
- Annual payroll reconciliation and new Payroll Year preparation
- Work with PPO and Legal to understand local legal framework, including tax advantages
- Social Insurance Tax Payment and Reporting
- Process payroll data
- Adjust basic time configuration of systems after initial implementation, as approved/required
- Track vendor deliverables on payroll SLAs vide defined payroll metrics
- Be risk aware and help identify, report, mitigate and track risks in the payroll delivery process
- Integration of Workday with Kronos in APMT
- Participate in Time and Attendance initiatives including system upgrades, communication of changes to People Partners, testing and documenting all changes for historical and record retention policies, project support as needed
- Interface with People Partner/HRBPs to support employee/ manager queries
- Identify improvement opportunities in regional processes and raises them to global process managers
Who we are looking forYou are data, systems and process savvy in the Payroll, Time & Attendance domain and are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk.
- Solid experience (5-8 years) in Payroll, Time & Attendance processes, within a complex international organization.
- Strong knowledge of compliance and legal regulations for payroll & benefits.
- In depth country specific tax knowledge, social security, and pension knowledge.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Broader HR Operations experience as well as exposure to an outsourced payroll model would be a benefit.
- Ability to effectively engage and mobilize diverse local HR stakeholders and vendors.
- A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement.
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership, and setting directions with minimal guidance.
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it.
- Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
- Highly analytical approach with a strong eye for detail.
- Structured workingstyle and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope.
- Fluency in English and Russian (other languages may be a plus).
You have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to establish a world-class Payroll Delivery function at Maersk, we look forward to hearing from you!