Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Role DescriptionAs a Dropbox intern, you are part of a top-notch learning experience with data scientists from all backgrounds. As a Data Science intern, you will become a subject matter expert for a particular business unit (Core File Sync and Share, Hellosign, etc.) and analyze Dropbox data to deliver highly actionable insights that drive product decisions and revenue wins. You’ll work side-by-side with a dedicated, experienced Dropboxer as your mentor and have ownership of a high-impact project. By the end of the internship, you will walk away with a great network of mentors and having owned and delivered high impact insights.
Our goal is to create a robust and impactful learning experience. You can expect to learn how to apply modern data science principles across our revenue, marketing and product teams and receive regular and effective feedon your work. We’ll also help you connect with fellow interns, establish mentors, and build the foundation of a strong professional network.
We will work with you to accommodate your school end and start dates culminating in a minimum of a 12-week long internship.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer journey phases and key business metrics
- Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments
- Identify key trends and build executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of acquisition, monetization, and engagement trends.
- Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, and User Research) to rapidly execute and iterate
- Rising Junior or Graduate student pursuing degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders
- Experience with analyzing unstructured datasets using tools like SQL/Python/ R
- Knowledge of linear algebra, probability and statistics. Applied experience in experimentation design, A/B testing and/or probabilistic modeling a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Team of mentors committed to your success
- Market competitive salary
- Individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Intimate discussions with company executives
- Curated social programming to network with other interns and Dropboxers
- Flexible work location - near a Dropbox Studio or from home
- Hack Week
- Full time employee benefits reflected below* Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)