Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionNew graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
Role DescriptionAs a Dropbox intern, you are part of a top-notch learning experience with engineers from all backgrounds. You’ll work side-by-side with a dedicated, experienced engineer as your mentor and have ownership of a high-impact project.
Our goal is to create a robust and impactful learning experience. You can expect to learn how to collaborate with full-timers across the engineering, product, and design teams and receive regular and effective feedon your work. We’ll also help you connect with fellow interns, establish mentors, and build the foundation of a strong professional network.
We will work with you to accommodate your school end and start dates culminating in a minimum of a 12-week long internship.
As an intern, you work side-by-side with Dropbox engineers. Here are some examples numerous types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on:
- Product Engineering
- Build delightful full-stack user experiences that tackle real customer needs and help drive tons of revenue for Dropbox. As a product engineering intern you can expect to work across backend, API, desktop, mobile and web.
- Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files, and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Measure, optimize, and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive insights from vast amounts of data. Our massive scale means you’ll work with more data than many other analytics firms combined.
- Craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices by learning and applying the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK using Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++. You are also responsible for building the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Help keep our websites up and running by applying everything our application engineers do with the curiosity and interest in building fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experiences for the modern web, using technologies like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Build the software and automation that controls the hardware to run our products. Work with a team who lives on the boundary of software and hardware and develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of our products, our commitment to ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers, and serve as the first line of defense when something goes with our production infrastructure or services.
- People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You are a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. Security engineers collaborate with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Experience writing or shipping software as part of coursework, personal projects, internships, coding competitions or research
- Passion for learning, solving problems, and challenging the status quo
Benefits and Perks
- Team of mentors committed to your success
- Market competitive salary
- Individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Intimate discussions with company executives
- Curated social programming to network with other interns and Dropboxers
- Flexible work location - near a Dropbox Studio or from home
- Hack Week
- Full time employee benefits below Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)