As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Global Functions Technology is a diverse organization comprised of more than 15,000 talented professionals with some of the brightest minds – all working together to realize Citi’s Vision of growth and economic progress. As a group, we partner with the Finance, Risk, Compliance, and Human Resources teams to drive the delivery of innovative technology solutions using common data, analytics, and platforms. Our technology operates in real-time environments, capturing and managing market, transaction, and accounting data, as well as the data from millions of customers daily. Our solutions cover all products and geographies in which Citi does business. We are the backbone for reporting across the bank, satisfying our regulatory commitments, enabling our businesses to be nimbler and helping to safeguard customer assets through highly effective controls.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Tasks and responsibilities
Work with the team to create and document visual designs for standard UI components
Build workflows, wireframes and mockups based on application requirements and style guides
Present your screen designs and the rationale behind them to the team and key stakeholders
Continually make edits, changes and improvements under the Agile methodology
Communicate designs and design intent to development teams during handoffs
Work with the QA team ensure features are implemented as intended
Create ad hoc presentations for the team to give to stakeholders
- 3+ years experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- 2+ years experience designing high fidelity mockups for apps using tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD
- 1+ year using and/or creating reusable components in tools such as tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD
- Being able to adopt the mindset of a user and designing screens with their functional needs in mind
- 1+ year experience presenting designs for approval to leads or teams within an organization
- Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Desired Skills
- Experience working in a remote environment and/or with team members working in a remote environment
- 2+ years experience working in Sketch app in a team environment with shared libraries
- Experience creating desktop apps that are heavy on data display and data capture in forms
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Applications Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the "" poster. View the .
View the .