We are looking to appoint an Area SHEQ Advisor to coordinate SHEQ issues in the Midlands. Specific responsibilities include -
- Participate in, and manage a programme of implementing/assisting with the setup of site SHEQ issues for each contract. Ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, supporting regulations, the Company Health, Quality, Environmental and Safety Policies and Management System Procedures.
- Have a good understanding of CDM 2015 and other construction related Regulations/legislation.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Maintain a good attention to detail.
- Advising on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues as required, this will include preventing injury to personnel and damage to Environment, plant and equipment. Attending site visits where required to ascertain SHEQ issues specific to that project.
- Carry out regular SHEQ audits on all sites and communicate the results to the SHEQ Manager and the Site Engineer.
- Advise on adequate training relating to SHEQ for employees before and after commencing duties with the Company, and monitor the effectiveness of this training.
- Ensuring that all precautions as detailed in work related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, SHEQ Plans, and Environmental Aspect registers are brought to the attention of the working team.
- Liaise with the HV Systems SHEQ Manager for the reporting and investigation of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with Installation Group Procedure.
- Able to communicate well with site staff in a professional manner.
- Support and build on the good safety culture already established within the organisation.
- Assuring the provision of quality measures and data as required for the HV Systems operations
- Implement continuous improvement, identify and promote new initiatives, engage others within the organisation to be involved.
Experience & Qualifications
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate in Health and Safety essential
- It is essential that the candidate has cross-functional project management experience.
- A driving license is also essential as the role involves travelling to and from Installation Sites.
- Previous experience in a construction related principle
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.