The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Coordinator is part of the Cargo Execution team in the Maersk Liner Operations Cluster (LOC) and is responsible for taking a coordinating role for all operational EDI connections to and from Maersk with (3rd party-) vendors, VSA and authorities. Although the role is organizational part of the Cargo Execution team, the scope of the role is not limited to this team only and covers the complete LOC. The role is a critical link between the Maersk eBusiness team (eBis), business process owners, the LOC Maersk operational teams, the Global Service Centre and third parties.
This position is part of the SEU Operations cluster SEULOC . SEULOC is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, port productivity, procuring and controlling Container Yard, Port Expenses and Foreign Feeder costs, load and discharge processes, EMR, equipment positioning and evacuation. SEULOC is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 150 driven colleagues and is based in various locations in Southern Europe with the head office in Algeciras , Spain.
We OfferYou will be based in the very heart of Maersk Cargo and Vessel Operations. In this dynamic operational environment, you need to drive an automation / EDI agenda with the operational teams around you. By building a strong report with operators in the daily operations, you will both get a great insight in the Maersk Operations, but you will also play an important role in translating business needs for simplification into actual IT / EDI implementation- and improvement initiatives. With digitization being one of the key strategic initiatives for Maersk, this role supports the company transformation.
Through strong stakeholder management you will both identify new projects yourself and will be approached by the business for support on new initiatives.
The to be initiated EDI / IT projects either need to support cost reduction, an improved customer experience or deliver an efficiency / effectiveness gain in the execution of the operational processes the various teams.
- Identify, understand business requirements and needs for EDI / IT projects and support the business to translate those in actual instructions to the relevant IT-team.
- Drive for a high/complete EDI- readiness for all vendors in the operational environment in the geographical scope of the operations center
- Play an active role in the onboarding of (new) vendors, from the moment of setting up the contract with SLA requirements, till the technical implication of the EDI solutions
- Provide input to existing EDI rules and initiate change in case business processes changes require this
- Be proactive in the business in the search for EDI solutions to drive down cost, improve customer experience or drive business efficiencies.
- Improve the track and trace (RKEM) accuracy and timeliness by coordinating root cause analysis and implementing improvements on failed or delayed EDI messaging.
- Work with internal / external stakeholders and vendors through of Vendor Performance Management to drive EDI improvement and prioritize between competing initiatives.
Who we are looking forOur ideal candidate has an affinity with systems and processes. The candidate holds strong analytical skills, is detail-oriented and can work individually. You work in a high paced and dynamic. Within this environment you need to drive your (EDI-) agenda.
You are an effective communicator, you can both translate EDI/IT language into layman terms for the business and the other way around in which you translate the business requirements into EDI requirements. The ideal candidate can communicate with many levels in the organization, he/she and understands the audience he/she talks to.
The person has impact without authority and can drive change without having the hierarchical lead. He/she is result driven and meticulous in follow up of delivery of the projects.
Our ideal candidate is naturally curious, outgoing and has strong stakeholder management skills. He/she will find partners in- and outside the company on driving the IT agenda. Strong verbal and written English is a must.
Experience in operations is preferred, a relevant bachelor’s degree or higher is required.