Location(s): United States of America
Travel Required: 00% - 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Job Posting End Date: September 14, 2021
Shift:Job Description Summary:
Position Overview:The Guest Relations Mascot Character/Performer will represent World of Coca-Cola and will engage guests throughout the Attraction by sharing knowledge about The Coca-Cola Company, its products, and history. They are responsible for entertaining guests during live shows, presentations, character meet-and-greets, and VIP Tours. The Mascot Character/Performer will provide exceptional guest service to over one million guests annually while enhancing brand image and supporting Company goals to consumers from around the world.
Take a look at our location: https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/
Candidates must be able to work weekends, weekdays and holidays. Flexible shifts varying between the hours of 8:30 am and midnight.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: 28 hours/week
- Provides exemplary guest service to all internal and external guests of World of Coca-Cola while performing the following activities: interacting with guests while in costume, performing in character roles during shows and presentations, speaking to large groups of guests at a time, providing access control, checking-in groups, pulsing guest traffic into theaters or galleries, restocking/replenishing stations and delivering supplies, assisting guests with special access, and assisting guests with wayfinding.
- Acts as a Brand Ambassador by consistently modeling and upholding The Coca-Cola Company Core Values while driving brand awareness and encouraging lasting customer relationships.
- Facilities VIP Tours and School Group Tours, using scripts and talking points as provided in the program guidelines.
- Performs energetically in front of diverse audiences while following show choreography.
- Uses awareness of guest social cues to determine appropriate levels of interaction.
- Displays non-verbal communication skills to bring Coca-Cola Polar Bear to life.
- Evacuates guests throughout the building in an emergency and assists those needing special assistance when appropriate.
- Maintains specified uniform appearance standards for Front of House presentation.
- Maintains a positive attitude and welcoming demeanor while in the presence of guests and ambassadors.
- Monitors guests and surrounding areas for potential safety concerns or hazards and adheres to World of Coca-Cola safety procedures.
- Works quickly as a team to help maintain the cleanliness of exhibits, galleries, and theaters.
- Interacts with guests with differing abilities respectfully and appropriately, enforcing inclusion training provided by The Coca-Cola Company and World of Coca-Cola.
- Handles guest situations in a professional, quick, thorough, and respectful manner.
- Completes all required training as assigned regarding Life Safety, Evacuation, PCI Compliance, and ADA.
- Adheres to all Company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by World of Coca-Cola Leadership Team.
Leadership Behaviors:As a Leader of Self, the Guest Relations Mascot Character/Performer is responsible for ensuring their own individual performance is optimal, contributing to team effectiveness, and supporting overall team performance, which may occasionally involve taking on leadership roles within the team.
- Ability to perform indoors and outdoors in full costume.
- Navigates and works effectively in hot, dark, and confined costume environments.
- Ability to perform in a costume weighing approximately 50 pounds for up to 45 minutes at a time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Continuous walking and standing for prolonged periods (6-8 hours).
- Regularly balance, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to climb/navigate multiple levels of the building via stairs or elevator.
- Continuous exposure to outside temperatures, including extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in noisy, crowded, and tight spaces.
- Visual Requirements: Has close vision, distance vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and utilizing a video monitor to “see” and navigate crowds.
- Mascot Costume fits someone 5’9” to 6’2” tall with an average build.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in the themed attraction industry, hospitality industry, or customer service industry.
- One year experience as a live performer, special skill artist, puppetry, performer, or mascot. Experience in cheer, dance, or game entertainment is beneficial.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Proven ability to adapt to change, work effectively under pressure, and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Audition inside of the costume is required.
- Proven ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a standardized method.
Skills:Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.