Handles execution of standardised HR tasks within a defined, limited
At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions.We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe / Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation.
What we offerThe role is based inthe People Partnering Hub in Lisbon, Portugal.
The People Partneringhubis a trulyinternational HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its formsand we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
In this role you will act as a continuous improvement specialist for all forms of documentations in Europe and Africa.
Key responsibilitiesYou will join the People Advisory team early on as we prepare to go live with the new HR service delivery model, processes and technology. In this time, you will be spending your time on implementation related activities such as technology and process testing, language translation verification, creating and modifying local SOP’s/Knowledge Content,upload content in system, etc. Once the People Hub is fully operational, your role as a People Advisor–Knowledge Management will be to ensure all documentation and knowledge content is updated according with inputs provided by the different People Partnering functions. This will require that all relevant content for employees and HR are at their disposal resulting in a great experience.
For this you will:
- Responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of the HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, How-To, etc. up to date and to guide the rest of HR to update content
- Ensure all relevant documentation is available to enable adherence to HR procedures, practices, directives, systems and regulations within an assigned set of countries
- Maintain a periodic data quality check on all documentation
- Execute required uploads/changes on the knowledge content/procedures in the system
- Maintain consistent communication within People Advisory Team and other People Partnering functions to ensure clear alignment
- Support on deployment of local/PPO projects
- Support training and change management activities
- Support on administrative tasks related to deployment of projects
- Review and act on the feedback/comments from employees and HR users to improve the employee experience
Who we are looking forYou are customer-oriented and passionate about employee experience! You have high energy and drive and efficiently manage resolution of every employee query.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- One-two years’ experience in an HR role; you could also have several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role and an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- A degree in Human Resources or similar and knowledge of HR concepts are a strong plus
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial
- Experience working with HR systems, preferably Workday, would be an asset.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to manage conflict, and attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mindset:
- Seek ways to improve the existing SOPs/knowledge articles;
- Identify gaps, analyse them with other HR (PPO/SMEs) colleagues and implement solutions.
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Closure orientation and low tolerance for delays and deviations
- Fluent in English plus another regional language (list here e.g. Portuguese, Arabic and Frenchspeakers are also encouraged to apply, as we are looking to grow the hub in the coming year)
You have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to establish a world-class People Advisory function at Maersk, we look forward to hearing from you!