- Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on financial and resource management:
- Analyze ICRM’s financial results with respect to trends, costs and budgets in partnership with Finance and key Internal Stakeholders.
- Advise senior management in financial planning and results management.
- Partner with ICRM and Finance team members to understand, emerging risks, trends and cost drivers
- Generate, manage and analyze financial actuals and outlook versus budget by Product / Function / Region and proactively partner with multiple senior stakeholders to identify and quantify any risks and opportunities that may impact financial outlook
- Quickly and independently compile/generate and analyze financial reporting data/trends and provide periodic reporting to senior management in a clear and concise fashion
- Participate in the development, oversight and delivery of strategic initiatives, including assessing and monitoring financial impact based on future resource requirements
- Verify all vendor billing activities for accuracy and discrepancies and resolve timely.
- Manage relationships with ICRM internal partners and external service providers
- Develop and ensure Policies and Procedures are current, accurate and available to assist in driving/promoting communication and adequate information flow
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Partner with Finance to appraise and evaluate the results of overall financial and resource data regularly and systematically, and reports these results to Compliance Leadership, Finance, Controllers and other key stakeholders globally
- Involved with managing multiple aspects of financial and resource operations, including transactions related to general ledger, payables, accruals and financial reporting, partnering with Finance Group and other key stakeholders as necessary
- Provides timely ad hoc analysis, as requested, while working collaboratively with the multiple ICRM and Citi stakeholders Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key financial and resource risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and cost-benefit analyses
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including advanced proficiency in Excel / Word; Advanced PowerPoint is a must; SharePoint knowledge is a plus
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare presentation, reports, and projections
- Proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high-quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive, able to multitask
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Strong conflict resolution skills, with a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Ability to work collaboratively and remotely with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Bachelor’s degree; degree plus 7+ years or equivalent combination of education /experience in Accounting / Finance
- Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the "" poster. View the .
View the .