Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox team is growing, and we’re looking for security engineers to support this growth. In this role, you'll be a part of a team of 5 - 10 engineers, working closely with technical program managers, peer security teams and leads, and other engineering teams to build the future of Dropbox, with a focus on HelloSign. Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in building security into our DNA, and discipline in how we develop. You’ll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
- Maintain and improve the security bar of the Dropbox infrastructure, with a focus on HelloSign Infrastructure, in order to protect customer data
- Review current and upcoming infrastructure stack from a security perspective and provide hardening mechanisms and recommendations
- Deploy, build, and/or operate security infrastructure solutions to help scale the security program
- Automate security controls using scripting
- Define security strategies for new infrastructure initiatives or program
- Perform structured security risk assessment to identify, prioritize, and provide recommendations or solutions for issues found
- Perform security assessments on third-party vendors and integrations
- Participate in on-call rotation for infrastructure security issues
- 2+ years in a security engineering or operations role
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in one or more information security domains, e.g.
- Authentication and authorization related systems
- Development of security tooling and infrastructure
- Network and operating systems security
- Security architectures, principles, and assessment methodologies
- Security monitoring/detection and incident response
- Vulnerability assessment and/or penetration testing
- Zero trust architectures and tools
- Technical domain knowledge in areas adjacent to infrastructure security. For example, Application security, Cloud/IaaS products (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Linux, Windows, or MacOS based systems, Networking, Reliability, Software development
- Proficiency using one or more scripting or high-level languages to automate tasks, manipulate data, or build small systems. E.g. Bash, Python, Go, Rust, Ruby, NodeJS, C/C++, or Java
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvement within systems, codebases, or organizations with a focus on solving problems.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)