Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionITS delivers business technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We aspire to be the connective tissue to the core business of Dropbox as a partner of choice that accelerates and simplifies outcomes. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
Role DescriptionAs a Network Engineer, you will work with the Dropbox CorpNet team and partner with the greater CorpEng organization to deliver a high quality network and corporate network experience. You will be responsible for the day to day operations, design and implementation of the corporate network. You will lead the Dropbox network into its next phase of success by developing and scaling new and existing technologies aimed at helping securely connect Dropboxers no matter where they’re located.
- Help build, scale, deploy, and support our global network and datacenter infrastructure.
- Contribute to the day to day support operation of the global Dropbox network.
- Architect, design and implement the next generation office networks for Dropbox.
- Be a hands-on engineer with deep technical experience in networking, systems, and software.
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, and re-prioritize as needed.
- Help develop the team by encouraging strengths, coaching and technical mentoring.
- Lead in the planning of strategic initiatives and ensure organizational alignment in partnership with our key stakeholders.
- Guide in developing and maturing our automation capabilities, based upon analyzing and identifying significant opportunities where automation can tackle volume, systemic or critical operational/repeatable issues.
- Drive our next generation of monitoring, alerting and automation tools to empower the teams with visibility and data to make informed decisions.
- You will build software and systems to manage and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
- You will work multi-functionally with serving, engineering, and development teams to maintain a highly available, highly performant infrastructure
- You will participate in periodic on-call rotation
- 10+ years technical network engineering experience including hands on deployment, configuration and management of routers, switches, firewalls, wifi and security solutions.
- Experience with engineering design of data center networks, new office build-outs and wide-area networks, including points of presence (PoPs), transit, backbone and transport.
- Experience in defining and developing cutting edge technical road-maps to meet the needs of a growing company.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with networking protocols.
- Experience with programming languages, like Python or Go
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives in our network. You are able to monitor and measure the health of your service with metrics, SLA reporting, and dashboards.
- Expertise and hands on experience with Juniper, Cisco, network stack.
- Extensive experience with authentication/authorization and accounting for enterprise networks.
- Experience working with networking vendors, telecom carriers, transit providers, etc.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for managing instrumentation, automation, and orchestration
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year university/professional school or equivalent; work experience accepted.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)