Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Role DescriptionThe Content Design team is a diverse team, with backgrounds that span everything from film making to information design to journalism. We love learning from each other, and get together for Content Design workshops, where we share work and give each other feedback. We’re a kind, funny team, who believe in encouraging and supporting each other. No egos. No drama.
At Dropbox, the Design team relies on writers for concise, consistent, and delightful language, but also views us as partners in the design process. Important Design-wide (and company-wide) initiatives are staffed and led by content design, and we are expected to give feedback on design that goes far beyond language.
We’re large and established enough to have developed great tools and processes, but still young enough to have many opportunities and unsolved problems. We’re constantly looking for ways to be better.
We’re looking for an experienced content designer to help design and launch new Dropbox products and features. Joining our virtual-based design team, you’ll do content strategy and user experience writing for products that help people do amazing work.
- Own the content strategy and UX writing across several new products
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, Researchers and other stakeholders
- Look for content opportunities, and proactively reach out to your partners to foster collaboration, represent Content Design, and launch great customer experiences
- Bring your user-focused point of view to articulate and recommend design solutions
- Thoughtfully prioritize across a broad scope to identify and deliver the highest impact areas
- Lay the groundwork for how we approach content design for new products
- Develop styles for new products in line with Dropbox standards
- Collaborate with product marketers and other partners to align messaging
- Deliver high-quality UX writing for onboarding, settings, and core user flows
- Workshop with a first-class team of content designers, improving your work and raising the quality bar of the design org
- 7+ years professional writing experience
- 4+ years in-product writing experience (UI, notifications, errors, tooltips, etc.)
- Experience writing for mobile apps or writing across platforms
- A portfolio of content design (please send with your application)
- A knack for translating complex technical talk into people speak (we like humans)
- A mind for end-to-end experiences and integrations
- An ability to be both creative and consistent within a controlled vocabulary
- Skill in prioritizing with competing projects and stakeholders
- Followed or created writing style guidelines
- Experience partnering with designers, researchers, and product managers
- Passion for punctuation and are partial to puns (affection for alliteration is optional)
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus!
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)