We are looking for candidates to join our office in Copenhagen as Associates. You will become an important part of a dynamic Danish Corporate Finance team.
Through both formal and informal on-the-job training combined with several professional and personal courses, we will help you develop the necessary skills to become an effective corporate finance professional, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your full potential. Hence, you will be assigned a counsellor and a buddy to support your professional and personal development.
Expected job start around August 2021 is preferred, however, we are flexible and agreements on an individual basis can be made.
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate, you will conduct several key corporate finance tasks, including the following:
- Preparation of marketing material including management presentations, information memoranda and client meeting material
- Participate in client meetings
- Perform corporate valuations (DCF, LBO, multiples, operational modelling etc.)
- Peer group analysis
- Buyer analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Market research and analysis
Skills and attributes for success
- Analysing financial statements
- Understanding and applying different valuation methods
- Structuring large amount of information in a cohesive way
- Presenting complex information in a creative, engaging and understandable way
- Ability to orally present in a convincing manner
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Master’s degree within finance, accounting or similar by the summer of 2021 or earlier
- A passion for working in corporate finance
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A strong personal drive
- Great people skills
- Strong numerical and financial skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
- An eye for the detail
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile while contributing to our vibrant, collaborative and informal atmosphere. A perfect candidate would be able to not only juggle the financial analyses in the spreadsheets, but also informally chat with the colleagues in the office as well as participate and contribute to our many social arrangements outside the office.
What working at EY offers
We are a leading Corporate Finance team in Denmark, striving to be the preferred adviser in our market. We work in close collaboration with our international colleagues to provide our clients with the best possible service. We are highly qualified in our respective areas and maintain a high professional standard. We have an informal tone and put great emphasis on having a challenging and fun working day. We offer you good career opportunities in an environment where the focus is on both quality and solidarity and where professional development is at the centre of everything. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most talented and engaging colleagues in the field
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Be part of an ambitious corporate finance team while having fun
EY’s Corporate Finance team advises company owners, private equity firms and corporate clients in assessing and executing their local and global M&A ambitions. Working closely together with our clients, we have a leading role in the planning and execution of sales and acquisition processes. We assist with preparation of business plans, marketing material, valuation, buyer research as well as detailed planning of deal tactics and negotiations.
As a global leader in transaction, assurance, tax, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Please submit your CV and grade transcripts online. Selected candidates will receive a link where they will get a chance to explain their motivation for applying for the role on video and in writing. At the same time candidates will be required to complete cognitive tests. Selected candidates will then be invited to attend a personal interview. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact Anders Josiasen on +45 25 29 42 06 or email@example.com.
Application deadline: 31 October 2020