At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual back-grounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for the day to day management of Schenker premier global accounts, ensuring client satisfaction, support of global sales strategy and maintaining acceptable levels of service through coordination of operational requirements.
Principal Accountabilities(The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Manages the operational implementation of new businesses. Controls costs thru proper budget preparation and planning, and controlling.
- Maintains client satisfaction. Ensures statement of work and procedural details have been accurately and completely collected and communicated throughout the organization as necessary. Monitors account service performance levels to ensure that client requirements/metrics are achieved. Works with operations management to analyze cause of failures and assists with the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Ensures that all I.T./EDI needs are identified and systems are in place to meet client demands.
- Supports account development with Global Sales. Conducts regular reviews of account revenue and operations performance with Global Account Managers. Works with Global Account Managers to understand and support strategy to gain new business while maintaining existing business.
- Responsible for the recruitment, placement and initial training of personnel. Reviews on-site employee performance to ensure compliance to client policies and established statement of work.
- Responsible for requisition of equipment, as needed, to support employee daily responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 10 years of related management experience. Requires approximately 40 - 60% travel. ...