Scientist - Plant Growth - KBPApply now »
- Start apply with LinkedIn
Date: Aug 11, 2020
Location:Owensboro, KY, US
Company: British American Tobacco
Job Number: 28071
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with Kentucky BioProcessing (2400).
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
Scientist – Plant Growth - KBP
Job Summary:The Scientist in this position aids in the design and conducts projects to support KBP strategic initiatives. Collaborates within sub-function as well as with external areas on project assignments, establishing relationships and building technical knowledge. This position seeks opportunities to broaden knowledge base and add value to project workstreams. Scientist utilizes creativity and technical knowledge to promote development and implementation of improved and/or new innovative product platforms. (S)He will conduct all activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures. (S)He will conduct all activities in accordance with phase appropriate quality systems though following BPRs, SOPs and operations procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the identification, development and implementation of new technologies, processes, and associated science.
- Aids in design and analysis for optimal plant production for protein expression.
- Applies and interprets principles, theories, and concepts in a scientific specialty.
- Understands KBP strategies and ensures alignment of work streams.
- Aids in the design of and execution of projects and collaborates on project activities with cross functional areas; prepares and presents data/reports to management on these projects or other subjects within expertise.
- 4-year undergraduate degree, associate degree in agricultural field, or 3 years relevant progressive experience
- Prefer prior experience in a greenhouse or agronomic setting.
- Ability to apply and interpret principles, theories, and concepts in a scientific specialty.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Project Management skills, including prioritizing and managing assignments to ensure activities are aligned with project timeline.
- Strong Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in applicable area(s).
- Prior experience in plant research and data collection
- Experience in plant cultivation, plant breeding, pest and disease control, and greenhouse technology
- Biopharmaceutical Research and Development
- Physical Requirements:
- Regular attendance at work
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
California Privacy Notice
Nearest Major Market: Owensboro
Job Segment: Scientific, Scientist, Plant Operator, Engineering, Science, Manufacturing, Quality, Research
Apply now »
- Start apply with LinkedIn