Department Overview:IHS Markit Loan Pricing team provides independent bid-offer pricing and liquidity information for more than 6,000 loan facilities globally. We use contributor-based loan pricing engines and sophisticated parsing technology to provide loan market investors a reliable dataset. The analyst team are responsible for providing support for reporting, price challenges, historical data sets, analytics, performance data and benchmarking and are actively involved in improving the algorithm and methodology used to manage the service.
IHS Markit’s Loan pricing services are used by key financial institutions to help with idea generation, mark to market and risk management. In addition, the service allows clients to track the value of proprietary loan portfolios via its easy-to-use, secure web site or direct feeds to clients’ internal systems.
Position Summary:IHS Markit has an opening for a Loan Pricing Associate in our Dallas Office. This opening provides an excellent opportunity for a graduate or a professional with previous market experience, preferably in Bank Loans space. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our North American Client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop IHS Markit’s Loan Pricing Services. There will be requirements to establish working relationships with our buy and sell side participants to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as a need to liaise with the sales and account management team to provide outstanding product support. The role also involves the member to be actively involved in projects and be able to build new tools and reports as and when needed.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Building Strategic relationships with key contributing banks.
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality.
- Liaising with dealer trading desks to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source pricing for leveraged loans and derivative instruments.
- Assessing the quality of data provided and removing contributions that do not pass rigorous data quality checks.
- Aiding in the preparation of client reports that provide comprehensive market overviews of loan pricing through industry, price volatility, and arranger filters.
- Generating research and analytical reports; assembling spread sheets; and drawing charts and graphs to illustrate technical trends and points.
- Working with multiple regions globally on many of the operational processes and help improve efficiency.
- Managing third party data, including ratings, CUSIPs, news and referential data.
- Able to become a subject matter expert in Syndicated loans and assist with managing of the day to day operations of the team
- Have a thorough understanding of the pricing analytics and models and work on improving the efficacy and accuracy of the models.
- Managing reference data, including researching loan documentation, researching corporate actions and entering reference data into the Markit Loan Pricing database.
Education & Experience:
- Undergrad degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Business.
- Experience previously working in a similar environment in finance would be a distinct advantage.
- It would be an advantage if candidate has a good understanding of fixed income markets through a working experience of 1-3 years in the financial services sector.
- Must have a keen interest in finance and be up to date with current global financial market.
- Knowledge of syndicated loans is a plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.