- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise customers in one of the following: cloud operations (e.g., launch and capacity planning, product release management, etc.), technical support, escalation management or comparable IT consulting.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Experience in application/workload migration to public cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience collaborating across business units internally and at large enterprises.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators and third party developers to deliver high-impact solutions.
- Knowledge in one of the following: IT operations, database systems, networking, IT security, application development, service architecture, cloud-native application development, hosted services, storage systems and content delivery networks.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, problem solving and management skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technological solutions.
About the job
Our Professional Services Organization in Google Cloud delivers product and implementation expertise to our strategic customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you'll draw on customer-facing skills and technical acumen to help customers successfully adopt Google Cloud products. Your previous experience with cloud infrastructure, program management, enterprise technology implementation, strategy development and customer advocacy will play a critical part in your day to day work driving success at our key customers.
You will lead the successful adoption of Google Cloud at organizations, guiding them through the strategic and technical facets of their Cloud transformation journey. You will manage the successful delivery of Professional Services engagements to drive customer adoption of Google Cloud services, like Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Machine Learning, Google Kubernetes Engine, BigQuery, G Suite, Google Chrome and many more. As a TAM, you will regularly engage with diverse stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team. You will utilize your relationship management skills and technical credibility to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
Travel (domestically and internationally) approximately 25% of the time as required.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Accelerate customer adoption of Google Cloud by leading the implementation journey. Provide technical guidance and manage timelines, milestones, migrations, and business transformation strategies to enable teams to embrace Google Cloud technologies.
- Advocate for customer needs to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development. Lead across multiple work streams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders to understand customer's business and develop roadmaps. Partner with Sales, lead quarterly business reviews, and executive sessions to understand technical needs.
- Plan for customer events and launches, partnering with Support, Engineering, and Site Reliability Engineering to ensure customer success during key moments. Work with customers and Support to guide issues and escalations to resolution.
- Develop best practices that help accelerate cloud adoption and support initiatives to scale through partners based on learnings from customer engagements.
Map data ©2020 Google
Map data ©2020 Google
Map data ©2020 Google
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.