ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
As a Business Analyst in Data at ASOS you will play a key role in working with our stakeholders to find out how ASOS can best use the vast amount of data available, so our business can make the most informed key decisions.
We work with all business areas across the whole of ASOS with the vision to harness the power of this data to fundamentally change the way that people experience fashion. Data is key on everyone’s agenda and as we embark on a new company strategy with data at the heart of all initiatives, we need to expand our BA team to support this.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with our stakeholders to understand business problems to influence prioritisation of backlog items of what brings the most business benefit to ASOS
- Work with the Data Leadership team and business stakeholders to identify and define the business priorities based on business problem– able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and BI Roadmap
- Responsible for understanding and eliciting the requirements within the area of data across the entirety of ASOS and transferring them into stories within VSTS
- Assess the scale and impact of the business change from the perspective of people, process, technology and data
- Lead the refinement of the requirements, value and business solution definition, including acceptance criteria working closely with the key stakeholders
- Embedding yourself within a development stream to create and coordinate a backlog of work
- Coordinating user acceptance testing
- Understanding the use of data to add a business lense to data validation
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business problems and positively influence outcomes, whilst ensuring alignment with relevant enterprise-wide strategies
- Supporting the team’s Scrum ceremonies and Sprint ways of working, including defining and communicating features, user stories, acceptance criteria, and refinements
- Build strong relationships with end users, to understand their needs and enable them to get the most out of our data solutions
- Communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation
- Elicit and validate the non-functional requirements, including performance, implementation design, usability, security & audit, and appropriate legislative requirements
We’d like to meet someone with:
- Experience as a Business Analyst across the full project lifecycle in a fast-paced environment
- Keen interest or experience in data and both the benefits and complexities it can bring
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to prioritise work items by understanding the benefit and impact
- Experience in Business Intelligence and reporting (desirable)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India & company-wide celebrations to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts