Are you dedicated to develop products for the future, with a strong focus on user needs as well as manufacturability? Can you contribute to making our team even more inspiring and developing?
You are then offered a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team, bridging user needs, product functionality and manufacturability.
About the department
When joining Coloplast you will enter a global company that offers great challenges, opportunities and rewards. The new Coloplast products are designed by Device Design. Device Design consists of a versitile group of ambitious people working in four teams: User Insights, Industrial Design, Mechanical Design and Analysis and Sensors.
You will join the department of Analysis and Sensors, where you will team up with highly skilled specialist within Design for manufacturing, Statistics, Engineering Simulationns and Mechatronics. In Analysis and Sensors we have a strong focus on continuously developing better and faster ways of designing products with the best in class tools to support this.
You will work directely in a few development projects of medical devices and at the same time develop and drive the DFM agenda on an organizational level. Ensuring DFM is incorporated into a new medical device is a team effort that you will play a central roll in succeeding with. Inside projects you will have a close collaboration with the Technical Project Manager and several key stakeholders such as; Device Design, Pilot Plant, Volume sites, Material Technology, Injection Moulding etc.
Your key responsibilities are
- Ensure focus on DFM from early concepting until specifications are locked in development projects.
- Create transparency on design and manufacturing issues and their implications in development projects.
- Develop and implement DFM tools and methodologies.
- Train and support Global R&D and Operations with DFM.
- Deep dive, when necessary, into technical topics to improve manufacturability.
- Push for requirement specifications in development projects.
- Facilitate design reviews and DFM sessions in development projects.
- M.Sc. or Ph.d. within Manufacturing, Mechanical Design, Plastics Engineering, Process Engineering or similar.
- Extensive experience with high volume production of consumer products, plastics or electronics.
- Experience from a position in departments like: Transfer to Manufacturing, NPI, Pilot Production or alike.
- Good cross-functional cooperation skills and a holistic approach to product development.
You need to be able to foresee production issues early in the project phases and pay attention to critical design details. We produce products in the millions and early attention to manufacturability has a high business impact. We value honesty and open feedback and are looking for an ambitious team player. If you are outgoing and comfortable with challenging your colleagues in a constructive manner, this position will suit you.
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 12.000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.