About usHillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Hillingdon Council is building on the best practice established through its children's centre programme to deliver quality services for children and families and ensuring that parents with young children have to access the right information, advice and support.
Having just remodelled our children's centre programme to create a more flexible service that incorporates the Family Information Service and the Portage Service, we are now looking to complete our leadership team.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and experienced professional to lead the service and contribute to strategies and initiatives to progress and identify further opportunities for engaging with health and community partners.
About the roleAs Service Manager for children's centres, you will provide line management for the Locality Lead officers, responsible for coordinating the delivery of services from our network of 16 centres, as well our programme of outreach to community settings. This role reports to the Head of Child and Family Development Services.
You will join a supportive, professional environment, driven by a commitment to deliver excellent services to children and families in the early years.
About youYou will be a confident, able and knowledgeable individual with a strong understanding of the needs of young children and their families, and significant knowledge of child protection and safeguarding.
Senior Management experience is essential, and a significant proportion of this experience should be within children, young people and family services. You will also have experience of working in partnership with stakeholders from health, education and social care.
Finally, you will have knowledge and understanding of the policies, legislation and theory surrounding the provision of early intervention services, specifically early years, childcare and Children's Centres. Knowledge of Ofsted standards and requirements is also vital.
Please see the attached job profile for more information.
What we offerWe offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses