This position provides functional management of the Application Runtimes & Languages environments across regions. All support engineer team members of App. Runtimes & Languages report directly to this position.
The role is the driver behind providing strategic and compliant solutions in the programming languages area to ensure that well designed, properly certified, secure and reliable products are delivered to Citi Developers. The programming languages tech stack has to allow to build and test modern business applications and supporting IT infrastructure.
- Apply technical expertise to strategize for current/future technological developments and serve as point of contact for technical questions
- Apply knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve issues
- Responsible for delivery of end results and resource planning; shares responsibility for budget management which directly impacts the Technology Infrastructure area
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for infrastructure technologies functional areas across
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how Technology Infrastructure integrates within the overall technology function to achieve business goals
- Management of the Application Runtimes and Languages team
- Provide technical direction to the team
- Produce, define a strategy, lead towards and develop new processes, certify new products and solutions
- Propose solutions for keeping up with dynamically changing products demand
- Communication with business partners (upwards and downwards)
- Participate in global engineering initiatives, meetings and projects
- Participate in documentation of global standards for the area
- Define, drive and assist in the implementation of corporate standards for Application Languages and Frameworks
- Ensure that projects that are delivered they meet or enhance the Application Languages and Frameworks strategy and is in line with overall/global Developer Services strategy
- Prepare forecasts for the team considering appropriate book of skills and coverage
- Ensure compliance with SOX initiatives for the Developer Services
- Elevate processes/solutions up to next-gen stage by promoting agile development and high quality products
- Know the products and processes to represent Middleware Engineering in conversation with Citi Risk Management, Internal Audit, Security Operations, Sector Compliance and Operations
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, evaluate controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction
- Persuades and influences others through communication skills; may negotiate with external parties and cross regions cooperation
- Experience in a Technology Infrastructure role with people management experience in Software Development area
- Demonstrate knowledge of process flow for any open-source or remote repo artifact to add in Citi artifactory repo (BitHub, GitHub, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience in programming / software development
- Strong in programming languages product inventory and trends is needed to formulate right development and controls (for example: Java, Python, GoLang, Scala)
- Knowledge of Information Security standards to ensure Compliance of Citigroup Security policies and standards for middleware products (familiar with CVE)
- Ability to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking and best practices
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to partner with virtual and in-person teams, define goals to a team, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits.
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Great place to work
- Work with new technologies
- Many different learning opportunities
- Flexible working environment
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.