Belfast, United Kingdom
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Role:Our Production Support Technology team is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will lead the Markets and Securities Services Technology (MSST) Risk Services function for the Rates businesses. We work in partnership with business and technology; running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
The role will entail people management, working closely with senior business partners – primarily in EMEA (London), developing application knowledge, driving and tracking projects around stability and service improvement, incident resolution and follow-up activities and providing strategic technical solutions.
You will develop detailed knowledge of multiple business areas and functions, coupled with strategic technologies in this exciting opportunity. You will be working closely with your counterparts in the UK, the US, India, Singapore, Shanghai and Canada operating in a follow-the-sun global model, along with application developers and business analysts in the team.
- Manages one or more application support teams
- Provides technical oversight across systems and applications; leverage skills across multiple apps support areas
- Provides a holistic view of the production environment for both technology and business management, working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads
- Provides guidance on feedback reviews with development managers, ensuring outstanding issues are tracked to closure, particularly long-term strategic fixes
- Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution
- Consults with the primary clients of the application in conjunction with development managers in order to understand the strategic objectives of users
- Requires awareness of audit and compliance related issues
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for apps support and other functional areas
- Champions stability initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes better monitoring, fail over and resiliency
- Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level
- Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems
- Responsible for delivery of end results and shares responsibility for budget management which directly impacts the apps support area; accountable for resource planning
- Manages customer satisfaction requirements of operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis
- Focus on people development, evaluating subordinates' performance and making decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions and deputize for the regional support manager
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets
- Proficient in SQL / Databases
- Proficient in Unix / Wintel server & process management
- Experience with strategic monitoring tools - i.e. ITRS
- Significant experience in an Application Support Management role
- Strong people management skills
- Experience in Financial Capital Markets particularly risk management would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of Rates products such as Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps and Futures would be highly advantageous
- Experience in a technical support function and managing end users / stakeholders
- Experience working closely with other technical teams (Development, System Admins etc)
- Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulated, and highly assertive communication.
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.