Position SnapshotLocation: Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Research
Act. Rate: Full-Time, 100%
Type of contract: Permanent Contract
PhD in Human Science disciplines (biology, biochemistry, food science, pharmacology, etc.)
3-5 year experience in clinical development in Pharmaceutical/Food companies or CRO
Position SummaryNestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 800 people and is comprised of four Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using or read more about Nestlé Research at our .
The Clinical Development Unit (CDU) provides the expertise, resources and facilities to design clinical studies and execute these throughout the world. The evidence from well-designed and flawlessly executed clinical trials allows us to credibly communicate on the health benefits of our products or to gain knowledge that drives discovery and innovation.
As part of the Clinical Development group, you will have the opportunity to contribute in first person to the clinical development strategy of the NRC. In collaboration with our scientists, you will be responsible for the evidence development strategy of highly scientific and innovative projects and for the design and interpretation of complex clinical trials.
In addition, you will provide scientific and methodological input to ongoing clinical studies and collaborate with the other NR CDU functions (clinical project management, data management, biostatistics and quality management) to ensure flawless, efficient and smooth execution of the clinical trials in full compliance with internal Standard Operating Procedures, applicable laws and ICH Good Clinical Practice.
You will have the chance to broaden your scientific background and your knowledge of the clinical development process dealing with the peculiarities and the challenges of clinical research in nutrition.
Demonstrating excellent negotiation skills and collaborative mindset, you will be providing key methodological and scientific expertise to clinical substantiation plans and clinical trial protocols for the development of new and renovated products in support of the business strategy.
A day in the life of Clinical Development Scientist
- Be part of the research project team (scientist(s), project manager, business representative(s)) since the concept phase to provide scientific and methodological input on how to move from non-clinical to clinical development
- Lead the clinical development plan of the assigned clinical research projects.
- Actively contribute to the development of Clinical Trial Protocols in compliance with the relevant SOP, writing specific sections and providing general input and guidance to ensure medical and methodological correctness and consistency with the approved clinical substantiation strategy
- Collaborate with the other CDU functions (clinical operations, data management, statistics and quality) to ensure that clinical studies be conducted in a compliant and efficient way
- Collaborate to the interpretation and publication of the clinical trial results
What will make you successful
- PhD in Human Science disciplines (biology, biochemistry, food science, pharmacology, etc.)
- 3-5 year experience in clinical development in Pharmaceutical/Food companies or CRO
- Understanding of operational set-up of clinical substantiation plans and clinical studies in an international setting
- Hands-on experience with clinical trial design and management
- Business acumen and capability of translating scientific concepts into business opportunities
- Leadership qualities, creativity and problem-solving mindset
- Fluency in English
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favorites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on