This position is to provide Software Upgrade Operations (SWOPS) and CommsGBU SaaSOps Incident and Change Management. Services provides are to conduct OS (Linux & Tekelec Platform) and one or more CommsGBU Product Application level upgrades with On-Prem hardware. Job will also be required to perform SaaSOps incident and change management on CommsGBU Oracle Cloud SaaS Application Products.
When not performing upgrades, position will be performing lab validation, product training, and SaaSOps Tier 1 coverage.
Oracle CommsGBU Products include: Oracle SD-WAN Aware, Oracle SD-WAN Edge, Oracle Communications Cloud Native Core, Oracle Communications Diameter Signalling Router, Oracle Communications EAGLE, Oracle Communications Performance Intelligence Center, Oracle Communications Policy Management, Oracle Communications User Data Repository (UDR), and Oracle 5G Network Functions.
Key Responsibilities of Position
- Be able to work in a team environment where multiple players contribute to successful upgrade results.
- Work flexible work hours to meet customer’s upgrade schedule requirements
- Interface between the Customer and Technical Support.
- Execute upgrade procedure for OS ( Linux and Tekelec Platform) and Application software on assigned CommsGBU Product(s).
- Test and validate new software streams provided by Engineering.
- Perform Health Check analysis (Pre and POST) on assigned CommsGBU Products to ensure product is healthy and working as designed.
- Create technical documents relating to issues or information that is either not corrected and a work-around exists or is not officially documented in user’s manuals.
- Provide SaaSOps Tier 1 coverage by responding to alerts, creating incidents, implement actions documented in playbooks, and escalate to DEVOPS for product investigation.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).