Belfast, United Kingdom
Equities and Securities Services Infrastructure architecture and management team is looking for a Strong Network and Design Engineer with good Networking expertise.
- Gather business requirements from Application development teams and design high level architecture and systems solution to implement within internal and external datacentres including Colo/Exchange.
- Partner with datacentre teams including network engineers, systems administrators and database administrators to implement enterprise solutions that meet strategic and global standards.
- Review new technologies under the guidance of senior leaders and partner with vendors to test new solutions to introduce into the environment and improve competitiveness.
- Perform due diligence of infrastructure requirements and provide architecture/ technology solutions that are strategic and futuristic. Implement industry best practices and always use production stability and availability as guideline while offering solutions.
- Interface directly with development leads and engage in initiatives to improve client on boarding and diligence.
- Work in conjunction with Client on boarding and networking teams to improve time-to-market and engagement and increase revenues.
- Involve in full life cycle of low latency network from design review, test, deploy, support and proactive analysis.
- Analysis of abnormal latency situations including problems with Linux applications
- Partner with Production support teams in troubleshooting back-end application issues, including but not limited to, exchange Gateways, network related problems, exchange and client connectivity issues.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities in coordination with a team of dev leads to meet the deliverables and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project.
- Support development community. This includes documenting systems, database and middleware design as well as infrastructure requests, contributing to the delivery and Go Live of application components.
- Partner with other infra leads across business departments and the wider Citi technology groups to drive quality across the application on boarding and production stability initiatives.
- Display strong working relationship with technology teams, project management teams and architects/engineers and infrastructure administrators
Experience and Skills
- A number of years overall experience in Infrastructure solutions architecture and Systems engineering specifically networking
- An understanding in the financial services and banking industry desirable
- Experience in Capital Markets Technology, Equities, Securities Services desirable
- Subject Matter Expertise in infrastructure/ Hardware/ Software/ Database/ Middleware stack
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure project life cycle including migrations and vendor upgrades
- Experience in designing based on a wide array of Cutting edge technologies, Optimizing Tech stack for Performance and Standardization, Application Dependencies mapping, Regulatory Risk & Compliance.
- Experience in writing range of technology physical and logical requirements and, Tech stack Functional Requirements Document, Build document, Dependencies mapping, etc.
- Experience in driving business results through effective use of technology solutions
- Exposure to front/middle/back office application stack
- Orchestrate deployment of network services and systems with CHEF recipes on a public cloud environments is a plus.
CCNA/CCNP/CNA/MCSA/MCSE certified professionals preferred
- Subject Matter Expertise in supporting high throughput/low latency networking [network/ firewall / storage/ IO /redundancy and compliance]; front, middle and back office applications.
- Hands on expertise in Networking and Appliances (HP/Dell, Multicast/ 29 west/Solace messaging, NetScaler/F5 gateway load balancers, Cisco/Arista switches/ Juniper firewall)
- Low latency monitoring (Corvil), Precision time stamping (PTP), Trade Messaging protocols (FIX, SWIFT) – Ascii and Binary protocols.
Some of the following Experience in Technologies would be great:
- Protocols: DNS, WINS, DHCP, IPX-SPX, SMTP, BGP, VPN, FTP/SFTP, OSPF, RIP, Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NTP, PTP, FIX, PPS, ITCH, OUCH, IGMP
- Networking: Cisco Catalyst Series. Arista 7xxx/EOS, Juniper networks,
- Monitoring: Corvil Appliances /Giga+/Tera, Wireshark; Splunk; EMC SMARTS, ITRS Geneos, Zabbix. SevOne, NetQoS, NetBrain
- Time Synchronization: GPS, NTP, PPS, PTP, Symmetricom s350, Microsemi TP5000
- Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Database Systems: Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Messaging Middleware: 29West/ Informatica LBM/Ultra Messaging
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.