Looking for an applications development programmer analyst in Global Regulatory Reporting Application developing Big data solutions. Candidate will be part of a development team and contribute to development activities of various streams of the application. Follow development standards that should comply to Citi’s policies & procedures.
The Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements, including using script tools and analyzing/interpreting code
- Responsible for systems analysis, design, coding, unit testing and other SDLC activities
- Requirement gathering and understanding, analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates.
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications. Develop solutions using Big data technologies/concepts (Hadoop, Spark, Java, Scala)
- Design and implement migration of applications from traditional architecture to Big data driven solutions.
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging
- In depth evaluation of complex business & system processes when developing solutions and as well as when solving problems.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgement to recommend and implement solutions
- Resolve issues by identifying and selecting solutions through the applications of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Self-initiate, work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent projects.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1-3 years of relevant IT application development programmer experience in the Financial Service industry
- Very strong hands on Big Data Technologies(Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java)
- Strong experience on DevOps(Issue tracking/source code management/deployment tools)
- Experience with traditional ETL & RDMS technologies is a plus.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.