The National Food Institute, a department at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applications for a position as postdoc in the Research Group for Analytical Food Chemistry. The research group contributes to the development of healthy and safe foods via studies of pesticide residues using GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS-based detection techniques as well as high-resolution LC-MS and GC-MS detection techniques. Our goal is to document chemical food safety and quality, to develop solutions for future food control and to discover and mitigate risks in food production by detecting the occurrence of pesticide residues in food to elucidate the exposure of pesticides from food.
You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team housed in new laboratories with a state-of-the-art analytical platform. The group has an extensive, interdisciplinary collaboration with other research groups at DTU Food and has a dynamic staff with high international visibility and many research collaborations with international partners.
Responsibilities and tasks
A major part of the candidate’s activities will be related to the European Reference Laboratory for Pesticide Residues in Cereals and Feedingstuff (EURL-CF), which is hosted by DTU Food (www.eurl-pesticides.eu). Here the candidate will contribute to and support the research activities within the field. The candidate may also be involved in other research activities and projects within the research field of the group.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to
- Development of the Pesticide Residue research area
- Publication of scientific papers and scientific advice
- Attraction of research funds
- Collaboration with academics and enterprises in both public and private sectors
- Training activities provided by the research group
The candidate will be involved in the daily operation of the European Reference Laboratory for Pesticide Residues in Cereals and Feed, including laboratory tasks for multi methods analysis of >700 pesticide residues and will contribute to maintaining its accreditation. Furthermore, the candidate will contribute to organizing proficiency testing schemes, training activities, workshops, providing technical and scientific support to the EU Commission and other stakeholders within the area.
Candidates shall have a PhD degree or equivalent and have solid knowledge of and experiences within analytical chemistry at low concentration level with a focus on analysis of biological materials. The preferred candidate is an ambitious team worker, has a high motivation for research excellence and good command of written and spoken English.
Priority will be given to applicants with documented experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following areas
- General analytical chemistry including analysis of food or biological matrices
- GC-MS/MS and/or LC-MS/MS and other analytical techniques related to determination of pesticides or contaminants at low level
- Laboratory accreditation (ISO17025 and ISO17043) and analytical quality assurance, including statistical analysis
- Systematic approach to work and planning
- International networking and collaboration skills obtained through e.g. international projects and networks
In addition we expect that
- You document your work in the form of scientific publications and scientific reports
- You are motivated by both personal and team accomplishments
- You thrive on collaboration and teamwork in an international environment
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications