Junior Java Developer
Alexandria, VA US
Alexandria, VA US
Job DescriptionGeneral Description
Are you tired of working to patch legacy applications and ready to put your knowledge, skills and experience to work building a true modern application that is new development, cloud native, working in a SecDevOps environment including real Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, in a consistent Agile Software Development Framework?
CACI is currently looking for Senior Java Application Developers with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia!
Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you’ll get to do:Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. Responsible for:
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions
o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least 2 years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
You are good at:
- Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acting independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience using SQL or PL/SQL
to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
- Experience with data base design
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
Bonus would be having:
- Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular, VMware, ETL tools, ESB, message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, VersionOne, Jira, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Ashburn-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.