Frimley, United Kingdom
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Join our Energy & Performance Services (EPS) Business Unit as a Solution Energy Engineer. This is an outstanding opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this business field through co-creating new technical solutions with customers and partners!
EPS is spearheading the SI growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute projects covering a variety of technologies in HVAC, energy generation and storage, micro grids, and manufacturing process-related equipment. In addition, we also offer services to help customer to efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint. Over the next years there is high growth ambition, and so we are looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
Change the future with us: Typical Responsibilities
Vital to this role will be to develop, design and deliver the most appropriate solutions for supply (on-site generation) and demand side (energy efficiency) optimisation projects, including technical feasibility, the assurance of appropriate supply chain, and the development of risk management measures.
You will get involved with site audits, technical solution design, cost calculations, savings calculations, development of specs for subcontractors, developments of baseline, measurement and verification concepts etc.
The role will require travel throughout the UK and be flexible for home-based working or a local Siemens office can be accessed.
- Engage with the people, understand the challenges, energy usage and patterns, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy within the building, compare the design to what is being used and upon delivering a detailed facility audit, to identify improvements and/or opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors.
- Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Leads in the development of preliminary and final performance contract proposals. Analyses blue prints and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
- Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
- Ensure service development process including internal partner management and handover from to service or project fulfilment.
- Active monitoring for new trends and solutions to improve the offerings.
What you need to make real what matters. Experience and qualifications required. Excellent interpersonal skills, good work ethic, being team and customer orientated and taking a flexible approach to working will be key to this opportunity, as is:
- Experience in solution design, specifications, project implementation/execution, subcontractor negotiations in the areas of HVAC, energy generation/storage and industrial process related equipment/assets
- Experience with plant and control optimisation
- Knowledge of EN15232 and EU BAC standards are requirements
- Certified Energy Manager / CMVP qualification is an advantage
- Having experience with a Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, and technologies and how to redesign existing systems to become more efficient
- Ability to calculate the effect of system adjustments or exchange of equipment in combination with field experience, i.e. practical use of ventilation, heating, cooling, lighting, heat recovery etc.
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
- Civil engineering with electrical or electronics engineering background with experience in energy efficiency project and services
- Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
- Experience of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong requirement
What else do I need to know?Closing date for applications: 1st July 2020
Salary package: circa £45k to £60k per annum, plus benefits
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time