Belfast, United Kingdom
Trade Surveillance Technology Developer
We are Hiring!In these unprecedented times Citi Belfast is continuing to hire.
We have successfully interviewed & on boarded many candidates remotely throughout the lockdown. Our continued plans to grow in Belfast demand that we continue to attract & retain talent.
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The UK business covers both Citicorp and Citi Holdings. With approximately 9,000 employees in the UK, this role will focus on providing HR support to client groups across the full range of the Citi business lines as follows: Markets, TTS, Banking, Private Bank, Consumer, Global Functions, Operations & Technology.
In today’s financial markets, firms need to quickly detect and respond to abusive and erroneous trading. The Apama technology solution correlates real-time and historical data using Complex Event Processing to analyse and detect market abuse, manipulation, money laundering and rogue trading across markets and information barriers.
Belfast is the global centre for Citi’s Trade Surveillance software development, with the full SDLC from business requirements through to production support handled by an established local technology team. Demand for more sophisticated surveillance algorithms and handling of larger data feeds requires further growth of the current team. We are seeking a developer with strong OO / Java background to write code relating to new surveillance roll-outs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a significantly growing technology group, working on an exciting and topical business challenge.
Our core technologies include:
- SSAS / SSIS / SSRS
- Actimize RCM
- Windows, Linux
- XML, XLST
You will report into a Trade Surveillance development lead based in Belfast.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing code and fulfilling development tasks required to implement new projects, delivering sophisticated trading fraud detection techniques using both deterministic and nondeterministic algorithms
- Working on new pattern matching detection scenarios
- Troubleshooting and resolution of application bugs
- Quickly becoming knowledgeable in Capital Markets, Trading, and Fraud Detection
- Ensuring high quality software development, with complete documentation and traceability
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Hands on development experience in Java, Java Core/EE, or other OO language(s) (essential)
- Experience with Wintel and Linux platforms, SQL and other standard database query tools (essential)
- Experience working on software development projects (essential)
- Team-working, self-starting, willing to learn (essential)
- A degree in a Computing, Mathematical, or Engineering discipline (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Weblogic / Websphere servers (preferred)
- Experience in MSSQL or Oracle (advantageous but not essential)
- Knowledgeable in Financial Services, more specifically Trading and Capital Markets products, such as Equities, FX, Fixed Income, Commodities, Derivatives (advantageous but not essential)
- SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services (advantageous but not essential)
- Hands on development skills in FIX and FpML trade messages (advantageous but not essential)
- Understanding of Compliance business areas including Surveillance, Market Abuse, and Disclosure reporting (advantageous but not essential)
- Awareness of Big Data and Cloud computing (advantageous but not essential)
- Apama software knowledge is advantageous but not essential as training will be provided.
You will also need to have:
- Organization and planning skills, time management,
- Ability to work with multiple parallel deliverables,
- Strong analytical and data mining skills,
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills,
- Motivated, self-driven.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
- Smart casual dress code
- Flexible working agreements as agreed with direct line manager. During the pandemic all but essential roles in Belfast require remote working.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Citi Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs
Citi is the proud winner of the 2020 Large Employer Innovation Award
at the N. I. Apprenticeship Awards
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.