Belfast, United Kingdom
The IT Business Senior Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives for complex projects and foster communication between business leaders and IT
- Consult with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards and recommends solutions
- Support system change processes from requirements through implementation and provide input based on analysis of information
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and provides user and operational support
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts and work as a team to achieve business objectives, performing other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in data analysis with intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven interpersonal, data analysis, diplomatic, management and prioritization skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and build/develop working relationships
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Key Responsibilities:The Data Analyst will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing data model, data dictionary, collection systems and help build data quality gates to improve data quality and efficiency.
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify areas of improvements.
- Interpret data, analyse results and provide ongoing reports
- Includes conducting full lifecycle event analysis on OTC trades (cash, rates, credit and exotics) to amend requirements and design
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with regional teams to progress data work slate based on business prioritization
- Must work directly with the business on adhoc queries related to regulatory requirements
- Communicate regular status updates to partners and management
- Ensure change control is executed throughout project
- Use appropriate interpersonal and communication skills to gain acceptance of an approach, plan or activity
- Effective communication of business requirements to technical team members
- Administer the collation and consolidation of project updates on a regular basis
- Effective oral and written communication as necessary to effectively communicate project issues, risks and progress on complex data sets inquiries from business.
- Self-initiate, work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent data projects
- Will gain high enterprise wide data standardization and adoption process for all asset class.
- As part of adoption, again gain more familiarity with complex data sets and build data quality gates as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work with the business and IT teams to document the data gaps and implement data lineage between front office and back office on derivatives
- Ability to multitask, resilience, deal with high work volumes, self-starter, technical aptitude, willingness to learn.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst in financial sector
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Exposure to business objects is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income Cash & Derivative Markets
- Use of Agile Methodology
- Ability to efficiently map business data requests to the existing data model through the use of modelling tools like ErWin and Microsoft Studio.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.