Date Posted: 2019-12-16-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your engineering, communication, and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
We seek a Materials Intern to assist with multiple projects in the Materials Department that will provide the student with an introduction to Materials functions including vendor management and continuous improvement initiatives. The student will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Otis Elevator organization while developing project management & customer service skills. Some of the primary responsibilities of this position may include:
- Support layout of the warehouse and elimination of the supermarket
- Complete analysis of PEEP and space availability (including warehouse, JBE, and supermarket)
- ACE analysis of raw materials and current replenishment processes
- Movement of material to support future state (i.e. plant layout and production growth)
- Support cart designs, storage and usage
- Review parts utilization, fitment, and sizes of carts to support material flow
- Review utilization of swim lanes on the production floor. Evaluate the potential of moving swim lanes to the warehouse
- Optimize space utilization for warehouse raw materials.
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks (May-August). Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the organization.
At Otis we are committed to attracting and growing world class talent and creating opportunities that will elevate your career. We are led by our vision and values, and we put people at the center of what we do every day. Over the last 160 years, we've built cities, transformed how people live and work, and created monumental works of art. But, most importantly, we've moved people; so join us in moving the world forward!
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field from an accredited institution.
- Must have completed two years of post-secondary education.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to learn industry and project requirements
- Ability to collaborate efforts with team members and work in a team environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.