Date Posted: 2019-08-15-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Job SummaryCollins Aerospace is currently seeking qualified candidates for entry level engineers in our Government Systems Flight Management Applications department located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Teams are comprised of cross-functional engineers working in an AGILE environment (approximately 6-10 people) focused on the design and development of software only products. Team culture is extremely collaborative and engaged; we value our customer, our products, and our people (that means you). If you want to have fun, do something meaningful, and work with an amazing group of people, this is for you.
Products supported with this role include:
Avoidance Re-Router (ARR-7000) - a software only product used to mitigate hazards in flight, such as weather, in real time. One of Rockwell Collins newer products, ARR is currently being deployed on a variety of platforms and next generation pursuits. Here’s a link to more details:
Mission FMS (MFMS-1000) - another of our software only products used for navigation, flight plan management, and guidance; it is deployable on a variety of applications with minimal effort. With recent contract awards, this product is transitioning to the field now and targeted for variety of applications. Here’s a link to more details specific to MFMS:
Fusion FMS - Our latest deployed GS FMS product, leveraging the latest in integrated avionics systems of our Pro Line Fusion product line; missionizing products originally developed for our Business and Regional Jet market, to support a number of military platforms around the globe. This military product is focused on providing a certified solution operating in civilian airspace. Here’s a link to more details specific to Pro Line Fusion:
Job ResponsibilitiesEntry level engineers are expected to be able to adapt to change, accomplish tasks on schedule, collaborate with teammates to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, and be self motivated to contribute in a work environment positively.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include
- Time management skills - ability to work unsupervised, multi-task, and coordinate work
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international <10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline by Summer 2020 or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: C, C++, ADA, and Python
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (Classified as a US Person)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
- Defense or Aerospace industry experience is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.