Engineering / Personalization in Boston, USA
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify’s product by hands-on ML development
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning user research, design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect artists and fans in personalized and relevant ways
- Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for our hundreds of millions of active users
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
- Be part of an active group of machine learning practitioners in Boston (and across Spotify) collaborating with one another
Who you are:
- You have a strong background in machine learning, with experience and expertise in personalized machine learning algorithms, especially recommender systems.
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages. Experience with XGBoost, TensorFlow is also a plus.
- You preferably have experience with data pipeline tools like Apache Beam or even our open source API for it, Scio and cloud platforms like GCP or AWS.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You love your customers even more than your code
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.