The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
DevOps Engineer (JoinOCI)
Location: Manchester, NH
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
This is a great opportunity to work on a cloud service with broad applicability to DevSecOps, Kubernetes deployments, and compliance. You would part of a senior team working to build a highly versatile cloud service that operates at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
This individual will be a member of the DNS Platform team within the engineering organization in support of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Primary focus will be to implement highly available systems that support various DNS products and services. This is a collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities. This individual should be proficient at operating in a SaaS, Cloud or Hybrid cloud environment.
- Implement and support OCI services and systems, including tooling and automation to support platform services for DNS products
- Assist in the design, development and ongoing improvement of existing and new systems and architecture
- Develop and implement operational readiness patterns across various platform services
- Maintain security patching across distributed systems
- Internal customer support of workload orchestration, build pipeline, and infrastructure
- Perform troubleshooting and coordinate problem resolution activities with engineering and support teams
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer service teams
- Manage CI and CD tools within team and collaborate within larger organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section.
- At least 1 year of operations engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
- At least 2 years of experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with containers and supporting orchestration systems. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with coding in Java, Python, and or Go.
- Experience with configuration management systems, such as Chef, Ansible
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools, such as Terraform
- Strong commitment to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups.
- Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
- Experience implementing cloud solutions
- Experience with Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket
- Experience with Atlassian productivity tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, TLS and HTTP
- Knowledge of DevOps
- API-centric, full stack software developer with the following technologies desired:
- RESTful APIs Java
- Golang Python Docker
- Linux OSs
- Engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.