QA ENGINEER – SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNOLOGY | LONDONThe QA Engineer role sits within the Supply Chain Technology domain which owns all stock, fulfilment, delivery, return and warehouse integration services – the services that form core backend of ASOS systems that powers various frontend and backend features such as availability of each product, reservation, fulfilment, delivery and returns of customer orders.
The Supply Chain Technology team has ambitious plans to extend the capabilities of the microservices we produce and own and we are looking for fantastic QA (Analyst/SDET) Engineers to come and join us on our journey, to help us in building the best possible experience for our customers.
Who Are We Looking for?
You Love Testing!
- You'll have a fantastic understanding of, and experience with, a breadth of testing types and techniques.
- You’ll have a passion for building and testing bespoke web services in both an exploratory and automated manner.
- You'll have experience of working in an agile environment.
- You’ll have a fantastic thirst for new testing knowledge and you like to share it.
- You’re a great team player, strong verbal and written communicator.
- You’ll have strong analytical skills – Great understanding of business requirements and an ability to drive conversations around quality with product owners and business customers.
- You follow the principals of the test pyramid and are responsible for driving test strategy within the agile team
- You’ll have strong technical knowledge – Able to interpret technical designs and challenge design decisions.
- You’ll have working experience of C# or Java, NUnit, Junit, jbehave, JSON and XML and Test Automation.
- You’ll have workingexperience of using a BDD/ATDD model and documenting test scenarios in Gherkin (GWT) format.
- You’ll have experience with an object-oriented programming language to author tests at multiple levels and be comfortable with source control, CI/CD tools and Cloud technologies. (Must Have for SDET)
- You’ll have hands-on experience of testing Windows Services, Restful web services and/or ESB asynchronous message-based systems (MuleSoft, NService Bus, Rabbit MQ etc.) using appropriate tools.
- You’ll have a great passion for exploratory testing – asking the “what if” questions and applying this to explore requirements, software, architecture etc.
- You’ll have working experience of cloud technologies (Azure or AWS).
- You’ll have an appreciation for the non-functional and have some experience with Service continuity and Failure testing, Performance and Security for microservices.
HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TEAM
We love our customers
- We test for our customers as their experience is what’s most important to us.
- Our test strategy is built on foundations that are entirely customer focused.
We love testing!
- We embrace agile principles and test continuously throughout the software development lifecycle.
- We use exploratory testing to uncover things we didn’t or couldn’t plan for and are always looking for new ways to improve how we deliver real value to the team.
- We test collaboratively. We love pair-programming and pair-testing and everyone in the team gets involved.
- We invest heavily in automating our tests and other repeatable activities. We treat our automation code as carefully as our production software and the responsibility for writing automated tests is shared across the team.
- We use the most appropriate tool for the job and enhance them or build new ones when we need something specific to improve our testing.
- We understand the importance of the ‘why’ and ‘how’ behind the software we build, so non-functional testing makes up a big chunk of our testing activities.
- We work closely with our Business Analysts and Product Owners to ensure that we get a broad understanding of what we’re building and for whom.
- We also work with our Solutions Architects to gain an understanding of the technical solutions and design decisions and drive for improved observability and testability.
- We have a day a month set aside for personal development. We can use this however we like: take a training course; get involved in a hackathon; participate in a workshop run by a colleague; attend an inspirational talk from an industryrecognised external speaker.
- We actively support our internal ASOS testing community.
- We branch out to the wider community through blogs, meetups and conferences.
We deliver systems using the following technologies:
- .NET Framework and .NET Core, C#
- Microsoft Azure
- NService Bus, Azure Service Bus
- Cosmos DB
- SQL Server
- VSTS, Git, Maven, Gradle, TeamCity & Octopus Deploy
We release often
- We’re constantly making small incremental improvements and release them to customers as soon as they’re ready. Typically, ourteam releases around once a day.
- We follow DevOps practices and are always looking to improve our CI/CD pipelines to make releases as fast, predictable and safe as possible.
- We use a combination of local builds, test environments and production to test our software. We also make use of A/B testing, blue-green deployments and canary-releases to learn about our software with minimal customer impact.
We love new tech
- Technology is at the heart of what we do. We love to explore and experiment with new tech that can improve our customer experience and tools to boost the development and testing process.
- We use Azure to host our services in the Cloud across multiple global locations, providing both resiliency and elastic scalability.
- We are adopting container technology and are in the process of migrating our software to Docker and Kubernetes.
- We take pride in crafting elegant, maintainable and testable code and embrace SOLID principles and TDD.
- We use TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and Azure DevOps to automate our build, deployment and testing processes.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…