- Job title
- VIE - LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT ANALYST (W/M), GERMANY
- Contract Type
- VIE (European candidates)
- Publication date
Company presentationAir Liquide is a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity descriptionThe Air Liquide Frankfurt Innovation Center is one of 8 R&D Centers within the worldwide Air Liquide Group. The research activities focus on finding answers to pressing social challenges in the fields of environmental protection and the production and storage of energy.
We concentrate on innovative methods for the generation and application of industrial gases in areas like synthesis gas, gas purification, hydrogen mobility or the production of basic chemicals. Our special strength is the scale-up of results from numerous pilot plants to large scale and in close collaboration with internal and external partners from industry and science.
The core team dealing with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) consists of three people, the project manager (Italian) is located in Frankfurt (Germany) and would mentor the V.I.E. candidate; one other project team member (French) is located in the R&D Center in Paris, the third one (Slovak) in the R&D Center in the USA.
Missions and Responsibilities
- You will work within a team of LCA specialists for a wide range of internal clients.
- Potential topics of LCA studies include :
- Large scale production of Air Liquide’s Essential Small Molecules,
- Assessment of novel process schemes in terms of environmental benefits,
- Assessment of new R&D developments using streamlined LCA methodology.
Competencies and ProfileYou have experience in environmental engineering / sustainability and strong interest or previous experience in the chemical process industries.
- Experience with conducting LCA studies (experience in SimaPro is especially beneficial)
- You are self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving and taking initiatives
- You behave like an owner, but you also know your limits
- You are curious, quality-oriented, conscientious, creative, cooperative and have good communication skills
- Languages required : english (mandatory), german is a plus
Additional informationPosition based in Frankfurt (Germany), for an initial 12 months period, renewable.
Position open only for candidates eligible to the VIE program. Therefore, only the applicants meeting the requirements of the French V.I.E program will be taken into consideration. Please visit this website for more information about these requirements:
The V.I.E., an international young graduate program, enables young professionals who are less than 28 and European Union nationals to work for a French company in any country of the world. Becoming part of this program means going abroad to carry out a professional assignment for up to 24 months whilst benefiting from social care coverage and an interesting salary, which depends on the host country.
Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link:https://www.civiweb.com/EN/index.aspx Germany