Location: Hershey, PADuration: Summer 2020
The Hershey Company is a global fortune 500 company that is a recognized leader in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Our goal is to integrate students with our knowledgeable and successful teams in order to maintain a fresh perspective on an ever-changing world. Every day presents new challenges and opportunities to learn, grow and innovate. Are you up for the challenge? Are you ready to make a difference?
WHY TECHNOLOGY AT HERSHEY?
The Information Services department at The Hershey Company has open internships for analytically minded, tech-savvy undergraduate and graduate students. Technology and analytics are elemental to all aspects of Hershey business. Hershey has a diverse global team focused on providing robust innovative capabilities, partnering on analysis to drive successful business outcomes and embraces an entrepreneurial mindset to create an environment that is exciting, compelling, innovative and dynamic.
We are looking for a Data Scientist Intern who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data.
- Interact with customers directly to understand the business problem, help and aid them in implementation of ML/DL algorithms to solve problems
- As part of a team, use machine learning, deep learning and other analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Demonstrate understanding of forecasting, optimization, statistical analysis and operations research. Extensive knowledge of forecasting techniques such as trend analysis, econometric models and machine learning is preferred
- Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection
- Analyze and extract relevant information from historical data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Work closely with technology, business and engineering teams to drive model implementations and adoption of new algorithms.
- Master’s degree with STEM focus preferred, Ph.D. welcome to apply
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and statistics
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Startup mindset & innovative thinker
- +1 years of experience using R and/or Python
- +1 years of professional experience or relevant coursework/projects
- +1 years of relevant experience building machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
- +1 years of experience building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models
- Experience with deep learning a plus
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans