Date Posted: 2019-08-30-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, passenger seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, V.I.P. Business Jets, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Program Management Intern will support the PMO organization in management of a portfolio of sustainment and development programs. The employee will be accountable for the success of multiple projects in the Commercial Seating business as measured by the requirements of the contract and by profitability/cost/schedule expectations set by the Program Management Director.
- Leads large or medium-sized projects using UTAS Product Introduction (UPI) and UTAS Program Management System Standard (PMSS).
- Charters and leads the team to plan, manage, execute, monitor and control all elements of a project
- Collects and analyzes data to support program metrics
- Supports development of an annual strategic plan and financial plan
- Supports new business proposal development
- Leads resolution of production issues on sustainment programs that impact customer deliveries or product quality.
- Supports the evaluation, development, and/or implementation of standards and procedures
- Participates in continuous improvement activities for the Program Management team.
- Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
- 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
- Currently pursuing and progressing towards a BS or MS degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field of study while maintaining a 3.0GPA.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office tools –Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.