Date Posted: 2019-10-10-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We are searching for a Supply Chain and Logistics Intern to join our team for a Summer 2020 internship in Indianapolis, IN!
The Intern will be a key member of the supply chain and logistics team, you will be supporting process improvement initiatives for our project management office (PMO) related to freight payment accuracy. During this internship you will be an integral resource supporting the business’ transition to a new freight bill audit and payment (FBAP) provider; supporting bid documentation, FAQ administration, results from analyses and recommending proposals for a new vendor to a wide, executive-level audience. Depending on progress, you will develop timelines and project plans supporting the work transition.
- Create process mapping of current information flow across multiple systems and companies
- Audit the current process and quantify success/failure of the current provider
- Outline data availability; map to requirements for freight bill audit and pay vendor(s)
- Support the creation of bid templates
- Support the bid collection
- Create and execute multi-provider comparison tables
- Benchmark service providers against the industry best in class service performance metrics
- Currently in pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in business analytics, accounting, operations management, supply chain or information technology with related project experience.
- Excellent analytical skills including problem-solving, exception identification, and project analysis
- Familiarity with general contract terms and conditions
- Ability to implement process improvement and driving projects to conclusion
- Aptitude to analyze disparate information, draw conclusions, and make robust recommendations to solve business problems
- The skillset to create process flows, identify key gaps, and recommend solutions to a larger audience
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, strong background with Excel and Access, PowerPoint
- Working SAP knowledge is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.