Date Posted: 2019-10-02-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAI19: UTEC-Huntington, IN 3650 West 200 N, Huntington, IN, 46750 USA
Named by Industry Week as one of the top ten plants in North America, UTEC is part of UTC Climate Controls Security (CCS) the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. CCS is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
UTEC produces electronic circuit boards for the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) market. The circuit boards are used in furnaces, thermostats, chillers and a variety of air-conditioning systems for the residential, commercial, retail and transportation segments. UTEC products are used in industry leading brands including Carrier.
UTEC is the first electronics manufacturing facility to earn LEED Gold certification under the LEED for Existing Buildings rating system.
Gain an understanding of the basics of Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment operation
- Learn the basic processes by which HVAC controls go from conception to production
- Learn the fundamentals by which controlled documents are released and communicated within an organization
- Participate in design tasks and product reviews
- Learn basic principles relating to regulatory and governmental HVAC requirements
- Interface with team members, customers, and suppliers to support new control designs
- Work as part of a team to complete end of line test updates for new or modified controls
- Become proficient in reading and understanding controls documentation in order to troubleshoot test failures and quality issues.
- Support design engineers with prototype and pre-production builds.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.