ASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
Want to be a part of the team responsible for revolutionising how Asos offers and gets products out to its customers?
Here at ASOS we are obsessed with our customers and always want them to have access to the widest choice of products on offer, and we want to get it to them fast. In order to do this, we have to constantly look at the way we fulfil orders for customers.
Our Technology team are working on a new and improved approach to fulfilment to be able to do just that. You will be part of a programme working extensively with multiple teams at Asos to ensure that we are able to meet our goals of improving our supply chain capabilities while always looking through the customer’s eyes – enabling a friction free, seamless and enjoyable experience for them.
You’ll also be part of our BA Community, led by our Principle BA whose role is to help make you and all our BAs be the very best they can be. He will be as passionate about your development as a business analyst as you are. You will be invited to community events, BA sessions and Meet Ups to support you in your career.
If you are an experienced Business Analyst with a passion for technology, amazing customer experience and appreciate how important the backend engine is to the incredible experience we offer our customers, then we would really like to hear from you…
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work to deliver business requirements across entire project and product lifecycles, from initial discovery through to launch and benefit realisation, driving forward new features that we can unlock as we move ahead in the programme
- Lead refinement sessions and participating in stand ups, reviews, retrospectives and product demonstrations
- Elicit, understand, document and prioritise high level business requirements and turn them into accurate user stories that the scrum teams you work with can deliver
- Develop, prioritise and maintain the backlog of user stories ongoing for implementation
- Define NFRs and their importance in truly delivering business value, with a keen eye on performance and security given the domain and volume of transaction we handle
- Work with Software Engineering, Architecture and Data teams throughout the lifecycle of the project, ensuring that requirements are delivered at all required stages
- Review and providing feedback on user stories delivered, demonstrating product deliverables and sharing your teams success stories with the rest of the business
- Manage stakeholder relationships and needs at various levels throughout the business
- Own the area’s requirements, by establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with Product Management, continually enhance your expertise of the area and assess the potential impact of any changes
- Work closely with the Project and Product Manager to create a fantastic and collaborative working environment
- Obsessed delivering customer value quickly, iterating and learning – comfortable pushing and challenging status quo
- Able to articulate technical pieces of work specifically illustrating the business value
We’d like to meet someone with…
- Experience of being a Business Analyst in a Technology department
- If you have exposure or knowledge of Drop Ship Models to fulfil orders, that would be a bonus
- Great multitasking skills and a desire to grow and develop our Distribution and Fulfilment capabilities
- Business process modelling (preferably BPMN) and management skills
- Experience across the full project lifecycle (from initiation through to benefits realisation) within both structured and agile project environments
- An appreciation of the business context you’re working in, considering all perspectives, and being clear on the ‘why’